THE GAME: Lunacy
THE ROBOT: The Hulk
- Automated ball intake using 4 photo eye sensors for internal ball situational awareness
- Automated goal tracking
- Turret capable of shooting balls approximately 10 feet
- 4 wheel drive with maximum robot and bumper weight for traction
- Reliable empty cell delivery sensor
- Turret position awareness and limit switches
- 10 to 15 ball capacity for fast delivery
- Auto mode designed for moon rock delivery
- Maximum allowable ball entry inlet size
- Light weight carbon fiber composites allow for weight added to achieve even distribution to wheels
COMPETITIONS AND STANDINGS
- Midwest Regional – February 26 – 28, 2009, Chicago, IL
- Wisconsin Regional – March 12 -14, 2009, Milwaukee, WI
Finished 1 out of 63. Regional Winner.
- FIRST Championship – April 16 – 18, Atlanta Georgia
Assigned to Curie Division. Finished 37 out of 87 in Curie division.
- Midwest Regional Finalist
This award celebrates the team or alliance that makes it to the final match of the competition.
- Wisconsin Regional Finalist
This award celebrates the team or alliance that wins the competition.
- Website Award
The Website Award recognizes excellence in student-designed, built, and managed FIRST team websites.
BUILD SEASON BLOG
Ty C, Caroline J, Calvin L, Shannen L, Shawn L, Vincent M, Amanda R, Melody S, Lucas S, Sam S, Jay V, Joe V, Jamie W, Joanna W
High Schools Represented:
Belvidere High School, Guilford High School, Hallstrom Home School, Harlem High School, Jefferson High School
Calvin L; Rock Valley College, Manufacturing Technology
Shawn L: Michigan Technological University, Mechanical Engineering
Melody S: Milwaukee School of Engineering, Architectural Engineering
Bud Champlin, Gabriel Cotto, Adam Czerwonka, Jamie Early, Hannah Hanson, Craig Legros, Ken Lesko, John McInerney, Matthew Rhoades, Arlyn Schroeder, Will Webber