Our sub-teams have been hard at work.
The CAD sub-team continued work on the chassis, added a track system to the forklift, and designed a structure to hold the electrical components.
The Build sub-team cut aluminum square stock bars for the drive train. We delivered these parts to Superior Joining, who graciously volunteered to weld the chassis. Build team members also installed electronics on our prototype robot so we could test its maneuverability and it capability to transverse a slope.
The Programming sub-team is optimizing our FIRST Robotics supplied LabView program to be compatible with the RoboRIO hardware installed on the electrical board. Their immediate goal is to ensure drivers can control motors.
The Electronics sub-team is building the electrical board. It includes:
- a power distribution panel
- the RoboRIO (a field programmable gate array, i.e., the robot’s brains)
- seven Talon SRX motor controllers ( 4 for drive train, 2 for vertical lift, and 1 for horizontal lift)
- a WiFi router
- a voltage regulator
Media team continues to work on award applications. This year we are applying for:
- Chairman’s Award, FIRST’s most prestigious award. It acknowledges team’s community outreach and promotion of STEM
- Woodie Flowers Award. This award acknowledges a mentor whose dedication and support is an inspiration to the team.
- Entrepreneurship. This acknowledges teams with an outstanding business plan.