2017 GAME: FIRST Steamworks
THE ROBOT: ZUKO
- twenty three inches tall, 110 pounds
- four motor mecanum drive
- photo eye controlled passive gear funnel system
- a high rpm surgical tubing intake roller
- magnetic winch latch system
- flexible cloth fuel (ball) ejection system
- able to transfer gears from loading station to peg
- able to pick up fuel from floor and score low goals
- able to climb and maintain contact with touch pad
- very cool green underglow
COMPETITIONS AND STANDINGS
- Central Illinois – March 16 – 18, 2017, Peoria, IL
After qualifying rounds, ranked 31 of 40.
- Midwest Regional – March 30 – April 1, 2017, Chicago, IL
After qualifying rounds, ranked 36 of 51. Chosen for Alliance by 5th Seed team
Finished as a Quarter Finalist.
- Northern Championship – April 26 – April 29, 2017, St. Louis, MO
Assigned to Tesla Division. After qualifying rounds, ranked 22 of 68.
CHAIRMAN’S AWARD ESSAY & VIDEO
The Chairman’s Award is FIRST most prestigious award at FIRST. It honors the team that best represents a model for other teams to emulate and best embodies the purpose and goals of FIRST. Award application requires a team essay and video.
Read our application essay: 2017 Chairman’s Award Essay
See our application video:
BUILD SEASON BLOG
Corey A, Meili A., Matthew B, Robert B, Nicholas C., Grant H, Sarah K, Eli L, Dalton M, Joel M, Leah M, Michel M, Logan P, Samuel P, Jacob P., Jahi R, David S, John S, Lexi V, Megan V, Alyssa W, Jacob W
High Schools Represented:
Auburn, Belvidere North, Boylan Catholic, Brean Baptist, Keith Country Day, Montessori, North Boone, Oregon, Rockford Christian, and several Home Schools
Brenda Adami, Carol Arreguin, Nancy Bowitz, Terry Brown, Gabriel Cotto, Brock Heckel, Mary Johnson, Brad Masbruch, John McInerney, David Mouri, Trevor Nichols, Terrill Power, Matthew Rhoades, Lukas Shroeder, Ashley Smith, Daniel Smith, Jean Taylor, Eric Williams