Just as Covid-19 has affected so much of our lives, it has also changed our plans for 2021. Please see our 2020/2021 information letter to learn about the team’s plan for upcoming season.
Rockford Rovers won the Rookie Team Award at the 2017 FIRST Rockford Illinois Qualifying Tournament on Saturday, December 2. Read more
Thank you to John, Jason, and Carter form North Park Water for explaining drinking water treatment and distribution to our team. Read more
Rockford Robotics is sponsoring a FIRST Lego League team for the 2017-2018 season. Read more
On Thursday January 14 from 6-7:30 pm Superior Joining hosted a “We’re Going to State” Celebration for the 5 local FIRST Lego League Teams that competed at the State Championship Tournament on Saturday January 16 in Elgin. The Celebration included a tour of Superior Joining and the Rockford Robotics shop.
The teams traveling to state are:
- R-Cycle, Rockford Christian
- Royal Robotic Flying Squirrels – Rockford Christian
- Froberg Bricks – Froberg Elementary School, Rockford Public Schools
- Is It Snack Time Yet? – Eisenhower Middle School, Rockford Public Schools
- Marshall Mustangs – Marshall Middle School, Rockford Public School
First Lego League Teams from Froberg Elementary School and Marshall Middle School qualified to participate in the Northern Championship Tournament at Elgin Community College on January 17, 2015
First Tech Challenge Teams 7207 and 8706 will compete in the State Championship at the Illinois Institute of Technology on February 21. Both teams qualified by placing 2nd for the Inspire Award at a regional event.
Team 8706 is Auburn High School’s KISS (Knights in Service to STEM.) They are first year team.
Team 7207, M-Fusion, is a second year home based team led by Rockford Robotic’s Mentor John McInerney. M-Fusion competed in the Decatur Qualifying Tournament on Saturday, February 7. In addition to placing 2nd for the Inspire Award, they:
- members of the Finalist alliance.
- a runner up for the Motivate Award.
- a runner up for the Think Award.
- a runner up for the PCT Design Award.